1 a person who enjoys telling or playing jokes [syn: jokester]
2 a person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway" [syn: turkey]
- Rhymes: -əʊkə(r)
- A person who makes jokes.
- A funny person
- A jester.
- A playing card that features a picture of a joker (that is, a jester) and that may be used as a wild card in some card games.
- An unspecified, vaguely disreputable person.
- Some joker keeps changing this web page.
- In the context of "New Zealand English|colloquial": A man.
person who makes jokes
- joker (playing card)
Joker may refer to:
- "The Joker (That's What They Call Me)", a 1957 song
- The Joker
(album), an album by The Steve Miller Band
- "The Joker" (song), a song from the album
- "The Joker" (musical song), a song from the musical The Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd, also performed by Gina Riley as the opening theme of the Australian sitcom Kath & Kim
In other characters:
- Mr. Joker, a fictional character in the Japanese novel series Read or Die
- Joker (Flame of Recca), a fictional character from the series Flame of Recca
- Joker, a fictional character from J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai
- Joker, a fictional character from Kamen Rider Blade
- Joker, a fictional character from Robotto Keiji
- Jokers, a race of super-beings in Terry Pratchett's novel The Dark Side of the Sun
- Joker, a fictional character from the Harold Robbins novel 79 Park Avenue
- The Joker, a fictional character in the video game Fighters Destiny
- Joker, a wild card for players of the TV quiz show The Joker's Wild
- Joker, the lead character in the film Full Metal Jacket
- Joker, a fictional character in the video game Mass Effect
- "Jokester" (short story), a story by Isaac Asimov
joker in Danish: Joker
joker in German: Joker
joker in French: Joker
joker in Italian: Joker (disambigua)
joker in Dutch: Joker
joker in Japanese: ジョーカー
joker in Norwegian: Joker
joker in Portuguese: Joker
joker in Slovenian: Joker
joker in Finnish: Jokeri
joker in Swedish: Joker
Adamite, Artful Dodger, Casanova, Don Juan, Machiavel, Machiavelli, Machiavellian, ace, actor, artful dodge, artifice, astonishment, bad boy, bag of tricks, bamboozler, banana, bastard, befuddler, beguiler, being, best bower, bill, bird, blind, block, blockade, blockbuster, blow, bluff, body, bomb, bombshell, booger, bosey, bottleneck, boundary condition, bower, buffoon, bugger, burlesquer, calendar, card, cards, caricaturist, cat, catch, catch-22, chap, character, charmer, chicanery, chouse, clause, clown, clubs, comedian, comedienne, comic, companion bills amendment, condition, cordon, counterfeiter, creature, crux, curtain, curve, curve-ball, customer, cutup, deceiver, deck, deluder, design, determent, deterrent, deuce, device, devil, diamonds, difficulty, dirty deal, dirty trick, dissembler, dissimulator, dodge, dodger, donnee, double-dealer, dragnet clause, drawback, droll, duck, dummy, duper, earthling, earthshaker, elf, enacting clause, enchanter, enfant terrible, entrancer, epigrammatist, escalator clause, escape clause, escape hatch, eye-opener, face cards, faker, farceur, fast deal, feint, feller, fellow, fetch, ficelle, fine print, flush, fooler, forger, full house, funmaker, funnyman, gag writer, gagman, gagster, gambit, gay deceiver, gimmick, given, googly, groundling, grounds, guy, hand, hang-up, hazard, head, hearts, hitch, hoaxer, hocus-pocus, hold-up bill, homo, hood, hoodlum, hooligan, human, human being, humorist, hurdle, hypnotizer, imp, individual, ironist, jack, jasper, jester, jilt, jilter, jokesmith, jokester, juggle, kicker, kidder, king, knave, lad, lampooner, left bower, leg-puller, life, limiting condition, little devil, little monkey, little rascal, living soul, madcap, man, mesmerizer, minx, mischief, mischief-maker, misleader, mortal, motion, nose, objection, obligation, obstacle, obstruction, obstructive, omnibus bill, one, one small difficulty, pack, pair, parameter, parodist, party, pass, peripeteia, person, personage, personality, picture cards, pinch, pitfall, pixie, plagiarist, plagiarizer, playactor, playing cards, ploy, practical joker, prankster, prerequisite, privileged question, provision, provisions, proviso, puck, punner, punster, queen, question, quipster, ragger, rapscallion, rascal, reparteeist, requisite, revelation, rider, rogue, role-player, round, rowdy, royal flush, rub, rubber, ruff, ruffian, ruse, satirist, saving clause, scamp, scapegrace, scheme, scurvy trick, seducer, shift, shocker, sine qua non, single, singleton, sleight, sleight of hand, sleight-of-hand trick, small print, snag, somebody, someone, soul, spades, specification, spoofer, staggerer, startler, stipulation, straight, stratagem, string, stud, stumbling block, stumbling stone, subterfuge, surprisal, surprise, surprise ending, surprise package, surprise party, switch, tease, teaser, tellurian, terms, terran, thunderbolt, thunderclap, trap, trey, trick, trickster, trump, twist, ultimatum, wag, wagwit, whereas, wile, wisecracker, wit, witling, worldling, zany